Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Be a Bridge


I recently verbalized the metaphor that has formed a basis of so many of my journeys: I am a bridge.

I wrote this as a response to a PaganSpace post and as soon as I posted my response, it felt odd to say. I mean, how was I a bridge? I knew I was a bridge between darkness and light and between warm and cold. But the actual words gave the entire journeying metaphor a lack of reality.

Words can do that. It's part of the balance I'm learning: balancing the spiritual and the real-world verbal. (In fact, my post was in response to someone who said she was a Balancer.)

Since words cast the pall, it seems only right that words would pull the pall away again:

I was reading the Robert Moss book The Dreamer's Book of the Dead and on p. 255, he starts a section called Soul Leading for the Dying-- so appropriate for a deathwalker-- and there below the section head was a quote:

He who will be chief, let him be a bridge.
-- Bran, in the Romance of Branwen

[This page on Bran gives a bit of background to the quote]

So appropriate for a deathwalker.
I am a bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment