Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bridge


I am learning to be a bridge.

I span logical and spiritual, warm and cold, existence in this world and existence beyond this world.

Balance is one lesson I am learning. One balancing act I am trying to achieve is recording my spiritual experiences in logical, verbal formats, such as this blog or the PaganSpace social network. How much do I expose? How much can I express? How to express it?

When I journey, my logical verbal self works the pumps of my breathing. If it concentrates sufficiently on its job then it's able to eavesdrop on the conversation between my child self and my spiritual self. I often feel like the Culver family in the movie True Stories. Dad Earl Culver and Mom Kay Culver don't talk to each other directly. Instead, they talk through their children: "Dear, tell your father that..." "Son, tell your mother..." My logical verbal self doesn't get to talk directly to my spiritual self. Instead, it speaks through my child self or learns from my child self.

I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment