Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Donkey


I read Michael Harner's book The Way of the Shaman and thought I should try journeying "his" way.

I don't have upper and lower worlds when I journey. But I set out with the intent of finding my power animal in the lower world. It did not feel at all natural to me. But I held my intent firmly in mind and eventually saw a cute donkey face. Harner said that you have to see an animal from four aspects for it to be the correct power animal; I "reminded" myself of this. One of the aspects that I was then shown was his back end with his legs kicking out at me. Another was a statue of a donkey so I grabbed that and returned.

I didn't really return up any sort of tunnel, as I'd tried to come down. I just found myself at my sacred space, holding my donkey statue, with Leuki beside me as usual. I really thought that I was presented with the donkey as a power animal on this trip because I was being so "stubborn" about journeying Harner's way.

But the article Donkey, Power Animal, Symbol of Intelligence, Dedication makes me glad to have a donkey power animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment