Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Progress


Another step down the path.

Last night I sat and didn't fall asleep.

My initial intention was to have a fun journey. In the back of my mind was something brought up in a Druidsfoot thread in which I introduced myself as a deathwalker-in-training. An experienced psychopomp asked which part of my body I hear my spirit guide in. He elaborated that I would feel a connection in a chakra.

So as I sat and drummed, I invited my spirit guide to meld with me. I didn't "see through its eyes" or even feel a particular chakra as tingly. What I felt reminded me of a description I've read of dancing your spirit guide, that is, allowing the spirit guide to experience the physical through your movements. I was simply sitting and drumming, not dancing, but I felt a joy in the drumming. It changed from my feeling that "someone else is drumming," with the monotonous journey drumming, to feeling that I was drumming and producing different rhythms.

During this, I asked about chakra connections. I was feeling a connection strongest at my heart chakra, which I associate with the color green. But I felt like my verbal logical brain was creating this feeling, until I saw green everywhere.

It was a delightful session and yet I felt throughout that my left brain was maintaining too much control. I wasn't able to fully let go, climb over, slide into my right side.

I heard Leuki telling me to run as we made our way through tall grass. I tried to feel the running, and felt it like I was in Leuki's body, running. But I couldn't hold on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment